Workers’ Compensation Attorney Jersey City, NJ
Under New Jersey law, employers are required to provide benefits to workers who have suffered a workplace injury. If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to medical benefits and a portion of your lost wages. This holds true even if your employer discourages you from filing a workers’ compensation claim.
The workers’ compensation process requires that you complete and file a claim petition. We will make sure it is filled out properly. A single error can lead to the delay or denial of your claim. A workers’ compensation claim is paid if the employer’s insurance carrier agrees the injury or illness is work-related.
The Law Firm of James W. Taylor, Jr. will work closely with you to maximize the benefits you are entitled to.
We have the experience and expertise to achieve full and fair compensation for the following:
- Head Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Shoulder, Arm and Hand Injuries/Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Injuries
- Respiratory Illness
- Chemical/Toxic Exposure
- Catastrophic Injuries
New Jersey Workplace Accident Lawyer
No one ever expects to get hurt at work. But every year, thousands of people are injured in work-related accidents. Some of these accidents are minor, but others can be life-changing. And while some accidents are caused by things like slips and falls, others are the result of more serious hazards, like exposure to toxic chemicals.
If you’ve been injured at work in New Jersey, you may wonder if you need to hire a workers’ compensation attorney. The answer depends on the severity of your injury and the circumstances surrounding your accident.
If your injury is serious and you will be filing a workers’ compensation claim, you should consult with an attorney. Workers’ compensation laws can be complex, and an experienced attorney can help you navigate the process and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Even if your injury is not serious, you may still want to consult with an attorney if you’re having trouble deciding if there are workers’ compensation benefits you’re entitled to. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options and fight for the benefits you need to get back on your feet.
Many injured workers in New Jersey have been able to get the compensation they deserve with the help of the workers’ compensation attorneys at The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. The attorneys at our firm have years of experience handling workers’ compensation claims and have a deep understanding of the law. They have helped countless injured workers get the compensation they need to cover their medical expenses and lost wages. The firm is dedicated to fighting for the rights of injured workers and ensuring they receive the full amount of compensation they are entitled to.
The Most Common Work-Related Accidents
Several potential accidents can occur in any work setting. Here are 10 of the most common work-related accidents cases that we have seen happen in New Jersey:
- Slips, Trips, and Falls. These accidents are often caused by wet or uneven surfaces, cluttered work areas, or poor lighting. They can lead to serious injuries, including broken bones, concussions, and back injuries.
- Car Accidents. Whether you’re driving for work or simply commuting to and from your job, car accidents are a potential risk. They can be caused by distracted driving, speeding, weather conditions, or even the actions of other drivers on the road.
- Workplace Violence. Sadly, violence in the workplace is becoming more and more common. It can be perpetrated by customers, clients, or even fellow employees. Injuries from workplace violence can range from minor to life-threatening.
- Machinery Accidents. Working with machinery can be dangerous, especially if the equipment is not properly maintained or operated. Common accidents include being caught in or crushed by machinery, electrocution, and being struck by flying objects.
- Chemical Accidents. Chemicals can be found in many workplaces, from factories to office buildings. If they are not handled properly, they can cause fires, explosions, or chemical burns.
- Fires and Explosions. Fires and explosions can occur in any workplace but are more likely in settings where flammable materials are present. They can be caused by careless smoking, electrical faults, or incorrect storage of flammable liquids.
- Scaffolding Accidents. Scaffolding is often used in construction and other jobs that require working at height. If it is not assembled correctly or maintained properly, it can collapse, leading to serious injuries.
- Forklift Accidents. Forklifts are commonly used in warehouses and factories. If they are not driven safely or properly maintained, they can tip over, crush, or run over people, and cause serious injuries.
- Crane Accidents. Cranes are often used in construction and other industries. If not operated correctly, they can collapse, drop their load, or swing it into something or someone, causing serious injury or even death.
- Falls from Height. Falls from height are one of the most common and dangerous types of accidents that can occur in the workplace. They can be caused by loose scaffolding, unsecured ladders, or simply tripping or slipping.
What’s Workers’ Compensation and Why is it Important?
In New Jersey, workers’ compensation is a system of benefits that provides medical coverage and income replacement to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their job. It is governed by the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act (N.J.S.A. 34:15-1 et seq.) Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, which means that employees do not need to prove that their employer was at fault for their injury or illness to receive benefits.
There are several reasons why workers’ compensation laws are important. First, they provide a safety net for employees who are injured or become ill due to their job. Workers’ compensation benefits can help employees pay for medical expenses and make up for lost income while they are unable to work.
Second, workers’ compensation laws help to ensure that employers are held responsible for the safety of their employees. By requiring employers to provide workers’ compensation coverage, employers are incentivized to maintain a safe workplace and to provide employees with the training and resources they need to stay safe on the job.
Third, workers’ compensation laws help protect injured workers’ dependants from hardships. When employees are injured or become ill, they may be unable to work and earn an income. This can lead to financial hardship for the affected employee and their family. Workers’ compensation benefits can help to mitigate this hardship by providing income replacement and covering other expenses.
How We Can Help You With Your Workers’ Compensation Case
When you’re injured at work, the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not you’ll be able to get the compensation you deserve. Thankfully, our workers’ compensation attorney in New Jersey can help you through the entire process, from filing your claim to appealing a denial. The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. has been helping injured workers in New Jersey for over 30 years. We have the experience, competency, and knowledge to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you get injured at your job, the first step should always be to notify your employer of your injury as soon as possible. Your employer is then required to file a report with the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. From there, you’ll need to file a claim with your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier.
The insurance carrier will have 14 days to accept or deny your claim. If your claim is accepted, you’ll start receiving benefits within 21 days. If your claim is denied, you can file an appeal with the Division of Workers’ Compensation.
The Division of Workers’ Compensation will then review your case and make a decision. If they agree with the insurance carrier, your appeal will be denied. If they agree with you, they will reverse the insurance carrier’s decision and you will start receiving benefits.
At any point during this process, our workers’ compensation attorneys at The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. in New Jersey can help you by providing the necessary guidance. We can help you file your claim, appeal a denial, and even negotiate with the insurance carrier on your behalf. We know the ins and outs of the workers’ compensation system, and we’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Areas We Serve
We at The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. are proud to serve the great state of New Jersey. We serve clients in:
- Jersey City
- Other surrounding areas in New Jersey
Contact Our Offices Today
Injured workers in New Jersey go through a lot. Not only do they have to deal with the pain and suffering of their injuries, but they also have to navigate the complex workers’ compensation system. This system is designed to help injured workers get the medical treatment and benefits they need to get back on their feet, but it can be very confusing and frustrating. That’s where our workers’ compensation attorneys at The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. come in—we will help you understand your rights and options under the workers’ compensation system and make sure that you get the benefits you deserve. We will fight for you every step of the way, from filing your claim to appeals.
If you have been injured at work, don’t try to go it alone. Call The Law Office of James W. Taylor, Jr. at 201-418-0143 or go to our website to book a free consultation with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney in New Jersey.